Case 20 The Shooting Device
A shooting device is a device that helps us to shoot baskets automatically. In this lesson we will learn about the leverage principle and create a simple shooting device using Nezha Inventor's Kit V2. We will learn how the leverage principle works and how to use it to achieve the action of shooting a basketball.
- Understand the basic principles and applications of the leverage principle.
- Learn how to use the Nezha Inventor's Kit V2.
- Learn how to create a simple basketball throwing device using the Nezha Inventor's Kit V2.
- Design and build suitable mechanics and levers to achieve the basketball throwing action.
- Develop teamwork, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
Introduce students to the background and objectives of making a shooting device to stimulate their interest and curiosity.
Does everyone enjoy basketball or shooting games? In this lesson, we will learn together how to make a fun shooting device using the Nezha Inventor's Kit V2. The shooting device will help us to shoot baskets automatically and make our shooting skills more accurate.
Through the process of making a shooting device, we will learn how to use the principle of leverage to design and build a mechanical structure that can help us shoot a basketball. We will explore the role and effects of levers and experience the application of the leverage principle through practical exercises.
After we have finished building the basketball throwing mechanism, we will do a range of fun activities such as adjusting the length and angle of the lever and observing the results of the basketball throw. These activities will help us consolidate what we have learnt while developing your problem solving and creativity.
Discuss in groups and get students thinking about how they can make a shooting device out of building block materials.
- What is the principle of leverage? What is its role in a basketball shooting device?
- How can you design the right length and angle of the lever to achieve the shooting action?
- Which parts of the Nezha Inventor Kit V2 can be used to make a basketball shooting device?
- What functions and features do you think the basketball shooting device should have?
- Do you have any ideas for improvements or innovations?
Work in groups to create a shooting device out of building blocks according to your own design.
Make a basketball hoop out of blocks according to your own design.
Connect the crash sensor to the J1 and the servo to S1 of the Nezha expansion board.
Go to makecode
Create new projects
PlanetX to download the package.
nezha to download the package.
You may download it directly below:
Presentations were made in groups to compare the distance and accuracy of the shots, and iterative optimisation was carried out to compare the results and effectiveness of each group.
Press the crash sensor to shoot.
Share in groups so that students in each group can share their production process and insights, summarise the problems and solutions they encountered, and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.